Monday 13 May 2013

A public apology...

Day 13 prompt -  Blogging every day in May challenge: Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be. 

I apologise for the name of my blog.

Originally this blog was partly inspired by my reaction to the words of a fellow reflexologist Kevin Kunz, and I wanted it to reflect that the art of reflexology deals with the reactions between the body and reflexes found on the feet, hands, ears and head.

I apologise that it doesn't really mean anything if you don't know the back story.

I apologise that it's a bit of a tongue twister.

I apologise that the title is ambiguous and I want it to mean more than I can be bothered explaining.

I apologise that I am asking you to help me decide whether I should change the name of my blog to 'Ida knows', or 'Ida know' which is a play on the words 'I don't know,' and hopefully reflects that I don't pretend to know everything but what I do know I am certain of, at least until I know different.  I'm sorry that I haven't made people give me a dollar every time they said 'I dunno,' when referring to the pronunciation of my name, because I really would be rich, or at least have shouted a few extra rounds in bars all over the world.   

I'm sorry if my frank admissions about my own failings and abilities makes you feel insecure or jealous, because that is never my intention, I am sorry that I can't find a way to communicate my intention better, but I really don't understand the language of closed minds.

I am sorry for every time I have lost my temper with people who lose their temper with me or become defensive and rude -  especially if they should have just said "I'm sorry."  I am sorry that I go on and on or ignore them until I hear those two simple words. My ego wants them to realise how easy it is to say 'I'm sorry,' but some peoples ego's are just so big that they consider an apology to be either beneath them or an admittance of a character flaw, when in fact it's a simple recognition of greater understanding and growth.  Many people have become wiser by saying I am sorry and thank you in the same sentence.

I'm sorry that I'm not sorry for hurting or betraying other people, when their beliefs weren't true to me.  I simply don't know how to pretend they are right when they are wrong - e.g. bigots.

I apologise for getting frustrated with people that refuse to admit they are wrong. If I was a better person I would be like a lion that doesn't care about the opinions of sheep, but truthfully I love sheep just as much as I love lions and I do care. Deep down I know that sheep are scared of lions even though they are just as valuable and they need love, understanding, education and acceptance too.

I'm sorry I haven't thought of the worlds best song lyrics that changed the world, because I would have changed the world...  but maybe I can start with a good blog title.  

Cast your votes...  
  1. Stick to original title - Reflex Reactions
  2. Ida knows
  3. Ida know
  4. Something incredible that you think of...
I am sorry that I don't know for sure if there should there be an apostrophe in knows... Ida know's - Ida knows ??? - don't worry about answering that one - spell check just gave me the answer - but then again - Do you think I can claim poetic licence for using the apostrophe? - Or is it just to ambiguous?

Lots of love and laughs.  



21 comments:

  1. Reflex Reactions...isn't that what most of us have when in the company of another human being. But I do like 'Ida Know'.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could have come up with the right words I would have liked to come up with that, and maybe added animals and environment - thanks Shelly

      Delete
  2. I think the play on Ida knows is a cute play on words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very typical of Australians to either shorten or lengthen names but I always have giggle when someone says this.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you get it Ellen, that's exactly what it is too, I'm happy with the name (especially in print) but I came up with the idea of apologising for it when I had to say the name out loud and it just didn't roll off the tongue... 'I'd a thought' has been a ongoing joke, with some of my friends, as a weekly feature. Of course your idea is a brilliant one, it simply didn't even cross my mind - so thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea of weekly "Ida Know" feature. (so now i'm upvoting that)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just reading that is inspiring a little ideas... come what may :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like ellen's idea and I also like reflex reactions...it also rolls very nicely of the tongue, for me any way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ida .. I'd definitely stick with Reflex Reactions ... and not change - it's two words always a good idea ... and the Ida Knows ... is muddling .. you have more choice to leave it as it is .. your 'About Me' details could be updated a little ..

    Other than that - don't mess with things that work!!! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary, there's a lot on here that needs updating - hopefully one day I will be more organised. It's times like these I wish I had a personal assistant or least a professional organiser... :)

      Delete
  8. I am writing this before reading anyone else's comments as I dont want to be overly influenced (something I should probably apologize for..such malleability can be pathetic.) While Ida Know is cute it may be unbearably so for the title whereas your original is something that I think of as not only reflective of your lifestyle and career but a bit of who you are. You are quite funny at times so maybe a feature of Ida know would be a good thing ....like at the end of the posts or something?Also...I just want to go on record as saying I missed you! Im glad to find you posting today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a great Idea Zoe!
      i concur to her little "ida know" at the end of the post. :D

      Delete
    2. Hey Miss Bates! I realized after writing it I absconded with an almost identical idea to your own...great minds? Still gotta write my award post...soon! Nice to see you here! Going to your place now!

      Delete
    3. Great minds indeed :) I nearly didn't do the prompt and then I thought Zoe keeps telling me she misses me - so thanks to you I just pressed publish :)

      Delete
  9. Holy moly, Ida! you're at it again already?! I needed a break after A to Z. Well, I like your title and would leave it as is. Just my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree it's a great idea and I also like reflex reactions... thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aha - Ida guessed youda come up with something brilliant. Ida thought youda no problem understanding what you wrote - it all makes perfect sense to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Silvia, I just chose a standard design and have thought about changing the background picture. I learnt a lot from doing the challenge re: tabs and widgets and would like to make some improvements as time goes on but for now it works and that's all that matters to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo Hoo cheers for me another award - thanks and message heard loud and clear Inspector grammar... I was thinking along the lines of Ida know is .... but yeh yeh I get it doesn't work :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saying sorry can be very hard, for those reasons you note.

    I'd say go with what you've got, but the choice is entirely yours.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback and your own stories are welcome.