Saturday 30 March 2013

Two days to go. Copenhagen, theatre and drama.


Two days to go till the A-Z blogging Challenge  begins.  Check out my A-Z challenge - words of change - list here.  I've managed to write and schedule my first four posts - what a relief.  I will be going to Copenhagen for a few days in April, to see this years, Wallmans Show in the Circus building, it's a yearly tradition we have with the Captains parents,  it includes lots of 'festivities', and it's hard to keep up with Danes when they are being festive.  It's nice to know I'm a little ahead of schedule.

Hopefully I will get a couple more posts done over the weekend.  My only problem is that having my words sitting there waiting to be published, makes me want to edit and delete a lot.  I am really trying to keep every post at around 400 words.  If I can drop that down to 200 even better, but it's not easy.  When those memories start flowing, the stories start growing.  The point of this exercise, for me, is to find a style and voice I am comfortable with, I also want to have some fun in Blog land and connect with other people.

When the whole Internet and chat room phenomena first started I always said I would never make friends with people online because I had enough drama in my real world. I'm amazed at how opposed I can be to the very things I desire most.  It also took me 11 years to realise that the Captain was the perfect man for me.  I am so glad the only theatrics in my life now are in historic buildings with great performers, in places like Wonderful Wonderful Copenhagen.  No more drama's only seasons.

A totally unrelated question but one that keeps popping up for me.  Do you like Captains name?  What do you call your partner?

16 comments:

  1. That's right - the shorter the better!
    Even a few days ahead is good. If you can keep ahead the whole month, you'll be fine.
    Have a great time with the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helo Ida..!
    I 've read your Proffile.. I think you are special people..
    Greeting for friendship by me at Indonesia..
    and I Follow you.. please visit me back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dzaro, Thank you for commenting, I think it takes one to know one, welcome to my tribe. I tried to comment on one of your posts but couldn't find a comment link. I wish you all the best for your journey.

      Delete
  3. Ah! Two days to go! We better get some drafts saved :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh! I'm stuck on editing the four drafts I've got (I'm to scared to look at A, because I'm scared I won't sleep between now and midnight on the 1st - because it will never be 'perfect' ha! - Good luck.

      Delete
  4. Greetings Ida,

    Such a varied and adventurous life you've had, my friend. I do know how much of a challenge it can be to change your life, change your country. And thus, the magic of Copenhagen awaits thee and I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

    The internet community, indeed, the blogging community is a source of learning, awareness and understanding. A place of diversity where we celebrate an all different, all equal world.

    Although I do not participate the A to Z, I wish you and all those involved, much interaction and fulfilment.

    Be well and enjoy.

    In kindness and goodwill,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gary, I love the way your comments make me feel at ease. I have searched for a source since a holy man told me it was necessary, funny, I always knew it wasn't a single Deity :) I know not, what you speak of when you describe an equal world - I hope to experience the full meaning of equality in all communities - one day :)

      Delete
  5. I saw your face on my followers and had to check you out. So glad I did! I love your bio! My partner was named Tsering. He was unfortunately killed during an uprising in Tibet. I don't have any real nickname for him other than "T." I love that you followed your heart. Hang on to him!Z~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Z, Welcome. My mother says the same thing all the time, I can't imagine a life without him in it - what a shock losing Tsering must have been, I have seen documentaries, movies and read some awful stories about Tibet and my heart goes out to everyone effected. I have made some new friends with refugees from Syria this last year - I wish there was an easy answer to these ancient problems. I hope you and all T's loved ones find some peace. I think I am following more than one of your pages, Skippy looks so much like my beloved Ash. - good luck with the challenge

      Delete
  6. The A-Z Challenge is a great way to find new blogs to read and make some new blogging friends. One day to go.... So excited!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! only one more day now and already i'm contemplating not taking part...ugh....i think it's the restriction of the alphabet that chafes. :)

    either way, it has already gifted me with the knowledge of your lovely interwebby space, so that qualifies the idea as a success!

    i like the name Captain. my husband's name is Brandt...when i write, i call him B...which stands for his name, Beloved and also Boo --which is what we call each other instead of our given names. i have no idea how that started...;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to start reading what you have written!
    Better start thinking of a theme. Hmmmmm. I've still got time.
    Since I'm Icelandic I call my boyfriend "Mús" which means mouse.
    But then again I also call all children I love that as well, and my old cat whose given name was Brandur I called Mús for short.
    I don't think mice are that adorable, but it stands for something tiny and vulnerable and adorable.
    Woop! Good luck to us and don't listen too much to the inner editor, sometimes the best things are the words that flow straight from the heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, the mouse must have thought she hit the gold at the end of the rainbow!
      Lovely. Hope the mouse wont take that as a free pass to live in the comfortable heat.
      I don't know what to call him, if I will blog about him. I'm more of a metaphor type.
      I'll describe him as fire that fills the room with comfort and warmth in the grayness of the universe.....or something corny like that!

      Delete
  9. I love your idea of B is for BOO! M would be for MY SWEET BABBOOO! GOOD LUCK on the Challenge! Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Captain is an entirely suitable way to refer to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot to coming from you. I read recently that you are quite the editor :) thanks so much for checking up on me - I love that

      Delete

Feedback and your own stories are welcome.